Pages

Friday, July 16, 2010

My Inspiration file (now yours too)

A while back, I read a post on Young House Love that suggested saving photos of decor that you like and then looking for similarities to determine your style.  Since I try my best to be as design savvy as John and Sherry (and come nowhere close... yet), I created an Inspiration folder on my desktop and have been faithfully filling it with photos every time I see a room that speaks to me.

Of course they were right and now I'm glad to have this collection of room decor and find myself looking at it before I go shopping and when I'm trying to think of things to look for on Craigslist.  It's helped me to consider things I wouldn't normally look at and learn what I like.

Since I'm all about sharing, I decided to upload my inspiration photos to my Facebook page so all of you can look through it too.  And while you're there, "Like" me so you get updates in your news feed.




All the photos are sourced from blogs (usually Design Sponge and Apartment Therapy) and magazine sites, and I don't lay any claim to any of them.  If I need to take any of them down, please shoot me an email and let me know.

0 comments

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...